Monday, May 30, 2016

Honduras Day 14: Copán Mayan Ruins and Horseback Riding


     Today was already our last day in Copán!!! It has been such a fun little town with tons of things to do! First of all, I figured out what those mini little taxi cars are called that we rode on yesterday!! They are called Tuk Tuk's. They are so much fun and if you just tell them to take you for a ride, they will go super fast up and down the hills. I suggest riding one if you ever have the opportunity. Today was a super busy day. We woke up and ate breakfast where I had some beans, hash browns, yogurt with granola, mangos, papayas, and watermelon. Such a good breakfast! The view is gorgeous as well. 
     Our first stop of the day was at 8a.m. We went to the Copán Mayan Ruins. It was such a cool place full of so many historical facts! I learned about there person who they worshiped too called the 18 Rabbit, the sports they played, things they believed in, etc. It was so amazing to see all these huge ruins that are from so long ago and standing on top of the building was even cooler. At one point, we even made our way up like 100 stairs to the top of a ruin. It was crazy. The view was so gorgeous though. We got to see these birds that flew around the place too. They were super colorful. They're called Macaws. They are SOOO pretty and they make really cute sounds. After spending about 2 and a half hours inside the ruins, I stopped at their gift shop and bought my grandpa some homemade coffee from Copán. Hopefully he will like it!
     We really didn't have too many things to do after the ruins until 2, so we went and swam for a little bit in the pool and tried to read at least some of our readings. Which completely failed, but at least we tried, hahaha. I also can't swim on this trip either which kind of sucks. I am really trying to limit my amount of infections in my chest because I just got off of Accutane. Idk, maybe I'm more scared than I should be, but if you had this thing for 6 years with nonstop infections and then you finally don't have any for 7 months, you wouldn't risk it either. We ended up eating lunch at the hotel so that we could be lazy. However, I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO ORDER AMERICAN FOOD! I never thought I would miss it that much. Lol. I ate a club sandwich which tasted amazing. It was super cheap too. 
      At 2 o'clock we went horseback riding!!! I was SO excited because I was the only person on the trip who has never rode one before! It was only $15 for a 3 hour ride!! My horses name was Muñeco. It was a gorgeous brown horse. When I hopped on the horse it was so much harder to stay balanced than you would think. I basically, sort of, screamed haha. It took my like ten minutes to get the hang of it while my horse was on a leash HAHAHA. Nonetheless, we began our journey through the mountains. After about an hour, we were at the top of a mountain, so we let the horses drink and rest. We stopped in a tiny village at the top that was super cute. They were selling all sorts of things to earn money. I bought a weaved bracelet that I had one of the little girls weave and also bought my mom another thing as well. In the forest part of the village, there was also another piece of the mayan ruins that used to be a hospital back in the day for them. It even had the little stone that women played down on to give birth. It was super cool. We rested for about 45 minutes in this village and then proceeded our way downhill. On the way down you could tell that the horses were really hot, so they let the horses take us through the river. WHICH WAS SO PRETTY!! It was like a movie, riding into the sunset (since it gets dark here really fast). It was pretty cool. The horse back riding was legit the most amazing thing ever. And my horse was awesome(:
      That evening, we went to dinner at a cute little place with lots of different colored lights. It was a neat outdoor place. I ended up getting fish and chips which was SOOO good!! After dinner, we went, again, on another Tuk Tuk ride just for the heck of it! Then stopped at Welchez for coffee and cheesecake. We then went back to the hotel and me and my two friends had a really good conversation, which was nice. Today was probably the best vacation days so far. I loved seeing all the sights. Here's to an 8 hour drive tomorrow to La Ceiba!


"So we'll piss off the neighbors, in the place that feels the tears,

The place to lose your fears, yeah, reckless behavior,

A place that is so pure, so dirty and raw,

Be in the bed all day."


"Pillowtalk" By Zayn Malik



       

No comments:

Post a Comment