Friday, March 27, 2015

"Meraki"


            I’ve been very interested lately in the meaning of words and honestly, just the meaning of everything in general. I think with words, it amazes me to see how many words there are in the world, but how many we don’t know. So I love learning new words and being able to use them in my vocabulary. A lot of times were not taught all these awesome words that are out there. One of my favorites right now has been “meraki.” It means “to do something with soul, creativity, or love; to put something of yourself into your work.” I love that word because it’s something that I live by. Whatever I go after, whether it’s a dream or a task that I need to do, whenever I jump on it, I go all the way with it. I will always be creative and I will always put myself into my work. Creativity and being myself is the one thing that nobody can take away from me. I think that’s why I am so into art.


“We got all we need, got no more

You’re never fully dressed without a smile,

And if you stand for somethin’ you can have it all,

If it’s real, you’ll open every door,

You’re never fully dressed without a smile.”



“You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile” by Sia (originally from “Annie” the musical)

No comments:

Post a Comment