Friday, March 6, 2015

Creativity

          
           Creativity is one of the first things that we learn as kids. Whether your two years old and playing with dolls or if you’re 10 and your writing a song, creativity is all around us. But as we grow older and deal with school, creativity begins to decrease and almost vanish. Schools haven’t really taught us that creativity with our answers and the way we learn is correct. We are always taught to look at a question a specific one and that there is only one right answer. But in the real world, that’s not the case. You have say and you have freedom in what you think. Yes, some classes in school have to only have one answer, like math; but with other subjects, we are limited on what we say and interpret even though there could be multiple answers. So when you get to an art class or maybe an innovation class and they ask you to be creative with your answer and the way you interpret the meaning of things, people get completely stumped as if they don’t know how to be creative. And a lot of times, people have just forgotten how, which is sad. Creativity is something that I never want to lose. That’s why my sketchbook is so important to me. Anytime I feel the need to do something creative, I have a place to go.


“ I’d listen to her cause I know how it hurts,

When you lose the one you wanted,

Cause he’s taking you for granted,

And everything you had got destroyed,

If I were a boy.”



“If I were a boy” by Beyonce

No comments:

Post a Comment