Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What is beauty?


            All the time in the media or at school we always hear these two words “beauty” and “ugly.” Today in English we were talking about how those two words were the complete opposite of each other and it really got me thinking if they really are. “Beauty” and “ugly” don’t really have specific definitions, they are just words we use to describe something in our own opinion. I’m not an extremely religious person, but I know that somehow, this earth was created whether it was through God or just randomly appeared. However, I do think that whatever made this earth, there was a reason for it and by no means was it created to be “ugly.” I think that everything around us is beautiful. There is a reason to everything that happens and everything that is on this earth. So whether we see the beauty in it or not, everything has beauty. Its just not everyone sees it. I kept that in mind all day today and I started seeing things that I never really took time to examine or really think about and I started to see beauty in these things that I once took for granted and created hope in the things that are going on right now.


“Come on now make it stop,

if you got beauty beauty just raise em’ up,

cause every inch of you is perfect

from the bottom to the top.”



“All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor

No comments:

Post a Comment