Monday, March 23, 2015

Fashion Show and State Speech Competition



               This week is insanely busy, but super exciting. On thursday, our school is hosting there very first Fashion show. We started a fashion show this year and Maurices has decided to sponsor our event and give us clothes to style off for there spring collection. So we have models, stage designers, makeup artists, hair artists, and more, all from our student club. It should be pretty cool to see how many people come and how much fun our models work it on stage.  The theme is very pastel and bohemian, just in time for spring!  have been helping put together the show with some of the captains and it's been a blast getting to know everyone in the club and learn about there passions and interesting facts. For the fashion show, I will be doing hair on one of my best friends and also MCing for the whole show with one of the captains (which means we will be announcing the interesting facts and what the models are wearing). It should be really fun and i'm excited to see the outcome.
             As well as the fashion show, I am working hard and practicing my scripts for speech because our state tournament, and my very last one i will ever compete in, is saturday. I'm doing my duo "Annette and Gina" with my duo partner. It is about two friends discussing how their friendship is a lot like Anita and Maria in West side story. It's a really funny piece and i hope we do well in the competition. It's going to be kind of a bitter day on saturday, knowing that it is my last competition that I will compete in with speech. I love my speech family more than words can say and I would do anything for them at the drop of a hat. We have all become like family over the past years and it's going to be sad not competing with them. However, endings come and new chapters begin, so i'm excited to see how far my acting will get me in the future. 


"Some people want it all, but i don't want nothing at all,

If i aint you baby.... some people want diamond rings,

some just want everything, but everything means nothing

If i aint got you"


"If i ain't you" by Alicia Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment