Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Oblivion





         Today i spent a lot of time working on my sketchbook. It was just one of those days where i needed to get everything out and sort things out in my head. I've been having a lot of stress and anxiety lately, so i needed to do something that could help me forget a little bit and express myself. 
          If you don't have a sketchbook, I encourage you to start one. It's something that, as well as acting and singing, has helped me SOOOO much with everything that i have struggled with. I first started my sketchbook my junior year in my AP Photography class. One of my favorite teachers had us start one so we could figure ourselves out and find out who we really are. And i love the idea of that because once you start it, you kind of understand what he meant when he said that. It's like meeting yourself for the first time. It's amazing to know who you are because once you do, you won't change for anything and you can learn how to grow and help yourself. 
           Once junior year ended, I was so attached to this thing that i continued it and have worked on it almost everyday. My sketchbook is halfway done already and even once i finish it, i will start a new one. One of my biggest fears is the thought of oblivion and how once you die, your not going to exist and eventually people will forget you. So I think that is probably one of my favorite things about this sketchbook. It's something that will always be there and will always be a part of me and if i die tomorrow or i grow up and have kids to share it with, it will always be there. Someone once said, "Something exists as long as something is around to remember it." and i believe that is exactly what my sketchbook is. 


"Were only getting older baby and i've been thinking about it lately,

Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes,

Everything that you ever dreamed of disappearing when you wake up,

but there's nothing to be afraid of even when the night changes"


"Night Changes" by One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment