Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sharing


            I have been working a lot lately to try and talk to other people and peers about issues like mine and how to prevent/help those people, but I don’t think I have really wrapped my head around what I’m doing until now and I’m not going to lie, it scares me. I’m sharing information that I once tried so hard to keep a secret. So revealing all these emotions I feel/felt and things that I have done is going to be hard; I know it will. But as I go over it more and more in my head, I’m realizing that everyone is scared of something. I’m scared of this right now, but if I push past this uncomfortable part and begin to open myself up, I can conquer a fear. Even though I’m scared right now, it reassures me that I will be helping someone else too. And that’s all that matters to me. I hope to touch just one person in my life and with that, I would be complete.
            I’m going to be talking at a pretty big convention here soon and I’m nervous but excited. I finally get my voice heard. Awareness will be raised for mental illness and it makes me feel so great knowing that people are going to get help and that me and everyone else are helping those people in the audience. My goal is to touch that one person that is thinking about doing bad things later or someone who has a friend that is going through a lot. I want to touch the person who got dragged to this thing by their mom. One person. One life. And while I’m scared to be doing this, I’m also really excited to see what’s to come and to become closer with all these incredible people.


“They tell us from the time we’re young

to hide the things that we don’t like about ourselves, inside ourselves

I know I’m not the only one,

who spend so long attempting to be someone else, well I’m over it

I don’t care if the world knows what my secrets are”


“Secrets” Mary Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment