Monday, February 23, 2015

Hold On


            I’ve loved singing and acting since before I could even speak. It’s always been something that I could go to if I was upset and just pour my heart into it.  Music and acting and even telling my story are most important to me because even after I die, I want people to remember me. I don’t just want to live for nothing, I want to do something people will remember, or something that can really help or touch someone. I believe through getting this story out there and singing and acting, I can make something that people will remember.
            So when everything I was going through just became too much for me, I turned more and more to music and acting and while I was putting everything around me into these songs, I began to have so many songs that I didn’t know what to do with. So then, I decided to write songs about everything as I went through it and now looking back on my songs and my difficulties, I began to merge a past and present lyric I wrote together and that’s how I came up with this song, “Hold On.” That’s why this song means so much to me. I wrote it at different points in my life and I think it’s a good way to catch someone’s attention that might be going through the same thing. So I hope you guys enjoy it! (:

“Someday You’ll win this battle, but only if you find your way,

Release your fears and just fight it,

Because in the end you know that you’re worth it,

So just hold on, for me.”

“Hold on” by Leah Hanley

No comments:

Post a Comment