Thursday, January 22, 2015

What has helped Me



       A lot of people have asked me, "What got you through your problems?" It's a hard question to answer because when you are at a point that low in your life and turning to these bad habits, your not really getting "through" anything. i think you are almost doing the complete opposite. Your avoiding your problems in a way that is hurting yourself. When you start to self harm, you are bottling everything around you up inside of you and releasing those things physically on yourself. Also, once you start doing these things to yourself, your stuck with it. Self-harming is an addiction. There is always a chance for you to fall back on what was once so familiar to you. Theres never a day where you don't think about it and i don't think that ever will happen. But you have made it a part of you whether you like it or not. Nobody else has brought this burden on you, but yourself. I believe recognizing that is one of the first steps to recovery. You have to take the blame and be responsible for your actions. Once i realized that, i could take the first step in focusing on myself to get better and create alternative options when i feel the need to cut again.
       There were things that i was able to do to help cope with my feelings and the need to hurt myself. A lot of times i will journal in my sketchbook, take a walk, call a friend, take a drive, play my guitar and sing, or even search for acting scripts online to practice (i've been doing this since i was like 7). Basically, i try to do anything i can to keep myself occupied and not think about anything going on or what is on my mind. These things help a lot for me and usually 70% of the time work. There will always be times where your just can't stop yourself, but just make sure you get the help you need by reaching out and asking for it. It's hard, but it will all be worth it. Remember: whatever you go through and come out of, only makes us stronger. (:

"Deny this emptiness, this hole that i'm inside,

these tears, they tell there own story,

you told me not to cry when you were gone

But the feelings overwhelming, it's much to strong"


"Lay me down" by sam smith

No comments:

Post a Comment