Sunday, August 16, 2015

Tomorrow's the day



           So tomorrow is the day that I move into Purdue. The place that I will be staying for the next year. It's weird because my best friend and I have been avoiding this all summer. At the beginning of June we told each other "Oh well, we won't worry about it until the day before." Now it's the day before and I just got done saying bye to her. An hour and a half doesn't seem too far away, but to two people who are with each other almost every day and would see each other when we were upset, it's a long way away. I can't just come and see her when I am upset or when she is upset. So knowing that I won't see her sometimes for months at a time is devastating to me and will definatley be hard to get used to. 
           I can't deny being nervous and scared for this new part of my life. I mean it terrifies me, but somehow everyone does it and everyone gets through it. The things I will miss the most will probably be just the little things: hanging out with my best friend on school nights at the park or getting ice cream or even arguing constantly. I will also miss that home feeling that my house has. It's comfortable for me and I love my bed and MY OWN bathroom so much. hahaha. I'm nervous about getting into my normal routine and knowing my way around campus or getting to/doing good in my classes. But I'm also excited for making new friends and seeing/experiencing new things and just the normal stuff. I want to find more about myself these next four years. And I think this will give me an opportunity to do that. And I'm also SUPER EXCITED to decorate my room the way I want and without the help of anyone else. So of course there are some pros and cons of this, but I'm sure once I get into it, I will love it. And my best friend will always be my best friend and the adventures we can have now are endless. I can't wait for her to come up here and see my soon-to-be new home. (:


"I never worry, life is a journey,

I just wanna enjoy the ride,

What is the hurry? It's pretty early,

It's okay, we'll take our time"


"The Night Is Still Young" by Nicki Minaj

No comments:

Post a Comment