Thursday, May 11, 2017

Update and My Knee



            IT'S FINALLY SUMMER!!! WOOHOOO! Although, I'm a little terrified that I'm already half way done with college! It feels as though I just moved in as a freshman only a few months ago. Technically, my degree is going to take at least 4 and a half years so I still have some time, but man is it flying by. Sophomore year was very difficult. It had many ups and downs and the school work got a ton harder, but I can't say that this year was horrible or the worst year I've ever had. I think we can always find the good in whatever is thrown at us. So yes, it wasn't the best year, but I have also grown so much and have learned so much mostly from my friends. 
            As some of you may know, I am having surgery on my knee this summer (actually it's tomorrow, but I'm trying not to think it is). It's going to be pretty rough these next few months. They are going in to cut my bone that connects to my tendon on my knee and hopefully it will fix my knee from any further dislocations. This is a pretty big surgery as I'm not able to walk for at least 4-5 weeks and my leg will be in a straight leg brace. I'm very anxious about it, so I would love some prayers if you would!!! I would also love some book recommendations, tv show/movie recommendations, and even some company if you want to stop by and hang out! I know I have amazing friends that will get me through this. Along with my bum sitting on the couch most days, I'm going to do updates on this blog. At first it will be a little more often but then it will start to spread out more. The reason I want to do this is because (1) I want myself to be able to see the progress that i've made, but also (2) I want others to see the progress. I think these updates could give people who are about to go through the same surgery or thinking about it, an idea as to what I went through on my journey. Trust me, I've spent endless hours trying to find reviews on this surgery from real people. There aren't many with this surgery. So I want to provide that. 
              Sooooooooo..... If you want to check out my updates and see how things are going, they will be on here. If you know somebody who may be having this surgery soon or thinking about it, I hope my blog is a guide to them. But also, this is something to do to keep my sane as well. Wish me luck on my surgery tomorrow and I would appreciate all the prayers I can get! I'm very nervous. Thanks guys!

"After all this time you'd think I'd be, Used to the pull of your gravity, 

But after flying to high for so long, who would think,

I'm still learning, still burning, still falling,  still falling."


"Still Fallin'" by Hunter Hayes


        

No comments:

Post a Comment