Saturday, November 14, 2015

Start of Something New


         Yesterday, November 13, 2015, I started the Bible. For me, it's the biggest day religiously for me since I was born. Sure I got baptized, but to me, I didn't even know what that meant. I have been talking to some friends at bible study and telling them that I have been wanting to start the Bible. The reason for wanting this is because I finally feel like I am starting that relationship with God. Not just trying to memorize the facts so that I can be smart. That comes later. I really, truly want to start a relationship with Him and by reading the Bible, I will be able to do that and understand things a lot better. At Bible study, we talk about really hard topics sometimes or just topics that I don't know about. All I can do is put my two sense in. In reality, I have no idea if I am correct at all. It's basically just me speaking my mind. So that's another reason why I want to start; because I want to actually know what I am talking about and understand the references that people make towards the Bible. 
    Coming home yesterday, I had no intention of starting it today, I just knew I wanted to start it. However, this last weekend my mom went and cleaned out my grandmas closet and trying to get rid of some of her clothes and jewelry and other possessions. I went upstairs to look at some of her clothes and objects to see if I would want any of them and after about a half hour of looking around , I picked up the clothes and moved the one's I wanted to my window seat. Underneath all those clothes, I found a Bible. The bible is in a wooden box that locks and on the inside there are prayer beads. To me, it's not just any Bible. It was my grandma's aunts sisters Virginia. Virginia passed away and gave it to her sister Mildred. Mildred passed and gave it to my grandma. Now my grandma passed and gave it to me. Underneath the Bible, was the photos of everyone it's been passed down to. It really helped me to find that because I've really felt lately like I my grandma hasn't given me a sign that she is okay or that God has given me a sign that she is okay. But this confirmed it for me. It confirmed that I know she is up there with God and is happier then she could ever be. By finding this artifact, today I began the Bible and am on the road of my relationship with God. And I am determined to be best friends with him (:


"You're just a hideaway, you're just a feeling,

You let my heart escape beyond the meaning,

Not even I can find a way to stop the storm,

Oh, baby, it's out of my control, what's going on?"


"Hide Away" By Daya








No comments:

Post a Comment