Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Honduras Day 17: Last day in Honduras

      Today was sadly, the last day in Honduras. Instead of being sad about leaving though, we went through today at the fullest. This morning, we decided to pay someone (it's an event that you would ask about at a concierge desk) to go zip lining.  The zip lining was so fun! There were 18 cables and it was all in the rainforest. I was again, sooo nervous going into it because of unrealistic fears and heights. A lot of them, I had one of the guides go on the zip line with me because I was scared.  However, towards the last 6 cables, I began to do it myself, which I was really proud of myself for! I actually began to really enjoy it and look at the BEAUTIFUL scenery. There is another thing that I get to cross of my bucket list(:
          After zip lining, we also got to go to the hot springs while in the rainforest. Their was one hot spring that was 200 degrees Fahrenheit so we obviously couldn't touch it, but the other two were like hot tub and bath water. It was really cool. It was like this all natural swimming pool. I liked it because it didn't have any fish in it. haha. While we were in the hot springs, the ladies there also gave us 20 minute massages that felt heavenly. They massaged basically everything. It felt amazing. Even better, we were in the rainforest right by the hot springs where you could hear the water running. I almost fell asleep. After the massage, they then put on this mud mask all over your body and you have to have it on for like 15 minutes. For me, it was a little gross because I hate being dirty and I have no idea where they got that mud lol. However, it made my skin super soft and it's supposed to be really good for you. We spent about 3 and a half hours in the rain forest doing all sorts of things that I can now cross off my bucket list. 
       When we got back, it was our time to lay low for the rest of the day and enjoy the last of the trip. We swam, laid in the hammocks, drank some drinks at the bar, etc. It was pretty chill but really relaxing. At 6:15 we went to the pier on the ocean to see the sunset and take a final last group picture. The sunset was gorgeous and being able to be on the ocean and see the mountains was even more gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better last day here in Honduras. Tonight we didn't do much but have a drink at the bar, chill out and talk, and pack for tomorrows long journey home. Leaving at 5a.m. I'm definitely ready to come home and see my family and be able to give them their presents, but man am I going to miss this place. I'll miss the mountains, the kids, the experiences/opportunities I've been so blessed to have,  the kind, sweet Hondurans, and who knows maybe even the heat, humidity, and beans??? 


"You ask me how I feel, I said nothin', but lately color seems so bright,

My feet they feel so light, I'm ignoring all the signs,

I keep on fronting', I stay bluffin', I keep you wondering',

Keep you hunting for my lovin', but I crave us hugging'."


"I think I'm in Love" By Kat Dahlia



No comments:

Post a Comment